On 13 Jun 2003 Ryan scribbled a note about RE: [Ogf-l] Mongoose's d20 Cyberpunk:

> In other words, the person who placed that content in a file that was
> licensed with the OGL was not authorized by Wizards of the Coast to do so.
>  Since that material was not authorized for licensing with the OGL, all
> Wizards has to do to correct the problem is remove it.  As a courtesy, it
> would be good for them to post a note in the palce the content was
> released (in this case, their web site) stating that the change was made
> to avoid confusion.

Umm...... but WOTC was the one who released it. It doesn't matter which
employee did it, it was released officially, after the files had been
through a review process (which removed a good bit of information from
other files and changed things in still more files).

As you yourself once said, once something is released via the OGL, it is
open content from that point on (yes, I paraphrased).

Saying that it was the mistake of a single person does not alter the fact
that WOTC is the company who has the authorization to release it, and
through processes that they set up to review material to be released, it
was released. Therefore, it is now legally open content.

 **TANSTAAFL**
 Rasyr (Tim Dugger)
 System Editor
 Iron Crown Enterprises