On 14 Jun 2003 DarkTouch scribbled a note about Re: [Ogf-l] Dungeon Master in OGC:

> You're making the mistake of looking at WotC in terms of a faceless
> monolith. Try breaking it down into individuals and it might make more
> sense to you.

Wrong! WOTC, as a company, released the SRD under the OGL, not as a
group of individuals, each releasing various pieces of it.

As a company, it has to deal with the consequences of the actions of
the employee who did this, and it was not actually a single employee
who may or may not be at fault.

Remember, WOTC has a process through which the sections of the SRD
were reviewed (which included going past the legal department as
well).  Either "Dungeon Master" was meant to be released, or a whole
bunch of people made the exact same mistake. The end result is the
same, it has been released as OGC and now cannot be pulled back.

Any attempts to do so will provide lots of fuel for the conspiracy
theorists, as well as cause major backlashes among the companies
producing d20 material.

It would amount to saying that the OGL is not worth the paper it
isn't printed on. That WOTC will do whatever pleases, no matter what
licenses or such may be in effect. Would you want to do business with
a company that would do whatever they pleased, no matter that it
violates licenses and contracts and so forth? I know that I wouldn't.

 TANSTAAFL
 Rasyr (Tim Dugger)
 System Editor
 Iron Crown Enterprises