On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 21:14, Ryan S. Dancey wrote:
> > From: Martin L. Shoemaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> > GOOD point! So in other words, Wizards in the form of the d20
> > SRD is in
> > violation of the OGL issued by Wizards;
>
> No.
>
> In other words, the person who placed that content in a file that was
> licensed with the OGL was not authorized by Wizards of the Coast to do
> so.  Since that material was not authorized for licensing with the OGL,
> all Wizards has to do to correct the problem is remove it.

Really?

>From various things that have been said, the files are run past legal
and the design teams before they get put up -- that's what causes the
delays. As I understand it, the files are not put up until legal and
brand have OKed *those files*. Legal and brand are quite clearly
authorised to release the material.

I can see that they wouldn't *want* to have done that, but it seems that
they have.

The counter-argument would have to be that, just because it's on the
WotC site as OGC, doesn't mean it actually is OGC, in which case the
safe harbour is completely non-existent, as any publisher can use the
same argument for any original material of theirs.

--
David Chart
http://www.dchart.demon.co.uk/