On 21 Jul 2003 woodelf scribbled a note about Re: [Ogf-l] SRD released (apparantly):

> more likely, it's because now they have a leg to stand on if they want
> to stop people putting "d20" in the title of their non-D20STL book.
> And other similar things--the vast majority of those terms likely
> couldn't be trademarked, so they, previously, had no power to stop
> others using them.  Also, the wording of the WotC OGL restrictions on
> trademark aren't nearly as strong as those on PI, so it gives them
> more power to keep others from using them.

Except that to use d20 in the title, a company would apparently only
have to use the 3.0 SRD as their base, rather than the 3.5 SRD.

At least, that is what I see happening here.
TANSTAAFL
Rasyr (Tim Dugger)
 System Editor
 Iron Crown Enterprises - http://www.ironcrown.com