Bryan Gillispie
Technology Services
(573) 875-7328
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I don't think credit is undermined if  you are forced to change the
name. You still get your entry in section 15. In 100% OGC stuff that is
the only credit you get (barring any other agreement) and your section
15 entry could show up in a product that doesn't even reuse your stuff.
Generally all anyone knows when looking at a section 15 entry is that
somewhere along the way this person's stuff was used.
Personally I don't PI much of anythign because I want my stuff used and
I want to see my stuff in print. If I was really worried about explicit
credit I would PI my descriptions and names and include a license that
allow ppl to reuse them if they put some sort of listing that the PI
they are using was created by me.  Will it ensure explict credit? Of
course not, but if someone really wants my PI they'll have to give me
explict credit.

Bryan