I don't think you really need to be bound to the OGL in order to make a declaration of PI. The license seems to only indicate that you have to be the owner of the PI in order to make that declaration. On the other hand, the license does require a 'clear declaration' of that PI. Obviously the clearest declaration is inside the work itself but some form of mass publication could be ruled as sufficient.

*grin*
So in conclusion I disagree with both of you.