On 10/09/2013 18:44, Thomas Wagner wrote:
Hi all,

this is where in SFE package name macros have been invented for.
If a distro starts supplying packages with conflicting files
or even conflicting package names, then in SFE we can parametrize
the package dependencies (called BuildRequires and Requires in the
spec files).

In this case we would have a look for spec files (-> sfe packages)
using this package library/g++/sigcpp and decide if it can
replace the dependency and for *this* specific distro-release
use their package.
To make the change complete, this needs a rebuild of those SFE
packages which build ontop of the package library/g++/sigcpp
(or manually pkgmogrify the contents in the SFE repository to
refer to OI's-pkg:/library/g++/sigcpp).
The cleanest way is to rebuild the SFE-packages depening on
library/g++/sigcpp.

Hello, Thomas.
As always, I'm the one to blame for it. However, this particular conflict could be caused by directory permission.

What permissions are set for /usr/g++ subdirectories in SFE?
I'm going to commit the following:
https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/compare/sigcpp
Is anything missing?

As I understand it, /usr/g++/ libraries is a temporary solution which allows us to avoid breaking Sun CC-compiled programs. When we can rebuild everything with GCC, I think it's a good idea to rename libraries to original names and move back to /usr.

I've tried to discuss sigcpp on Developer ML and IRC channel. I've heard several opinions. And library was committed at least a week after discussion. So, there are two reasons: insufficient testing and the main one - nobody cares.

As for some reasonable policies - if someone could propose them, I'd be glad to hear.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,