On 12/25/15 04:55 PM, Michael Kruger wrote:

Given how this documentation project is literally rising from the ashes of OpenSolaris, perhaps OpenIndiana should be renamed PheonixOS? It seems rather fitting as it describes the condition

Illumos logo itself represent stylized Phoenix and it is displayed on every OI boot..I think that is enough for Phoenix presence ;) Openindiana is recognized brand and has it's market value and recognition, updating value and condition of OI itself is better then updating branding. I am always afraid of people asking on conferences "What, never heard of it", when more and less first complete distro they hear about on illumos front is Openindiana. (with respect to other illumos distros).