On 12/25/15 09:40 AM, Nikola M wrote:
On 12/24/15 09:40 PM, Michael Kruger wrote:

Found the official OpenSolaris docs. I think these are open source.

http://files.if.undip.ac.id/index.php?dir=UNIXbox/OpenSolaris

Perhaps we could import them into a GIT repo or something.

That docs-20090715.tar.gz is what I have saved locally to. It has same MD5 hash
$ md5sum docs-20090715.tar.gz
ee66ee6ee82cc710c425c8130289a2d2  docs-20090715.tar.gz

I have put it here, too https://mega.nz/#F!PJI2yLAK!B58qhG2jqIffPNtQD9dKqw for faster download and some docs I found on archive.org, final Opensolaris compiled docs in PDFs , licenses and some guidances how to compile it form XML.

I still don't know of at least one complete Opensolaris mirror that keeps everything i one place including Opensolaris docs (anyone know it, don't know if everything is on hg.openindiana.org ?),
but I see this was kind of layout that was on http at the time:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090415222419/http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/content/

-There was also docs-discuss mailing list that could be continued and made as new one on OI mailing lists for documentation use.

-I suggest to start by making new Openindiana wiki page, describing digested manuals and procedures of managing, editing and compiling documentation source.

I have just found this as the documentation reference.
https://www.illumos.org/projects/documentation/wiki/Existing_OpenSolaris_documentation