On 2021-01-11 08:23, Hung Nguyen Gia via oi-dev wrote:
I know how to install nano, sir.

I can't deal with vi at all. Not the modern VIM let alone your old vi.

Without nano, I can't do text editing.

Yes, vi is historically part of any Unix. But at least, on FreeBSD, they have a
fallback, the ee editor, included by default.
While vim(1) is my "goto" editor, and vi(1) really isn't difficult. My frustration
comes in the fact that each OS implements a different version, with different
keyboard macros. Which quickly made ee(1) my goto when I was working in a
"constrained" env (like dropping to single-user), and just needed to make some
simple edit(s). BTW I'm the maintainer for ee(1) on FreeBSD. ;-)

It's basically what I'm asking for.
IMHO ee/nano doesn't seem an unreasonable request as an addition to $BASE.
ee(1) weighs in at 1k. I don't use nano, so am unsure of it's exact size.

But I don't have a commit bit on OI so am only to express an opinion. :-)

--Chris

--
~40yrs of UNIX and counting