The repo server needs the pkg client to report the statistics. They do not get calculated on the repository. The repo server does not care much for the client Version as the API, they communicate over has been stable and is versioned.

One could count the hits to the files from Webserver logs, but we can only track total installations of a particular manifest (package description file).

The Package is called postgres not postgresql.
Searching by posgres shows the packages

pkg search -rp postgres
PACKAGE                                             PUBLISHER
pkg:/database/postgres-common@9.5.24-2020.0.1.0     openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-10@10.16-2020.0.1.0  openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-11@11.10-2020.0.1.0  openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-12@12.5-2020.0.1.0   openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-95@9.5.24-2020.0.1.0 openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-96@9.6.20-2020.0.1.0 openindiana.org

I agree that the statistics will help, but for postgres we are outdated compared to most other conservative distros even.

-Till