OK, I figured out how to run the tests with SequenceManagerInMemoryImpl.
I still get the messages
-----------------------
JTurbo 3.0.2 JDBC 2.1 Driver]: Communication Link Failure. Socket Closed
[org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHelper] WARN: Cannot
lookup max value from table SM_KEY for column STRING_KEY, PB was
-----------------------
This is what I got before with the default sequence manager.

I notice that these messages are marked WARN. There are also messages marked
ERROR and 2 marked FAILURE. What is the difference between these levels? Do
I need to worry about WARN messages?

One FAIL message looks like this
----------------------
Testcase: testMaxKeySearch1 took 0.11 sec
        FAILED
Expected 131, something goes wrong when try to identify max PK id in the
prepared database tables - Check the ...SMMAX... database tables for id 131,
if id was found in one of the tables, test fails expected:<131> but was:<0>
----------------------

The other looks like this
----------------------
Testcase: testIterator took 0.01 sec
        FAILED
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerSQLException:
java.net.SocketException: Socket Closed
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerSQLException:
java.net.SocketException: Socket Closed
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.RsIteratorTest.testIterator(RsIteratorTest.java:59)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)

I have not a clue what either failure means.

thanks,
Bonnie MacKellar