Hi,

Florin Pop wrote:

Hi again,

I have tried your suggested approach but curiously the same result.

The tests that I run consist just in loading an Person object from the data
source. Both with Hibernate and with OJB I use no cache and this load
operation is the first and only one opperation that I execute in one
session. So there is no object cached anywhere.

For me is also very surprizing the result.

For me too!

How does your test looks like?

long time = System.currentTimeMillis();
Person person = (Person) broker.getObjectByQuery(query);
time = System.currentTimeMillis() - time;

Can you post source of both test?

Regards,
Florin

PS: I have another question: is it possible in OJB to map an object field to
a calculated value. For example I have a birthday column in PERSON table and
I want to have in the Person class a field age containing the age of the
person(
age = currentDate - birthday, or something like this)

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 2:22 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: Loading an object

Hello,