Hi,
I'm just a (very happy !) OJB (PB) user.
For me, the biggest difference between OJB and Hibernate is the query generation.
I generaly have to retrieve :
    - small collections of simples objects (mapped to 1 or 2 tables)
    - more complexes objects(3 or 4 level of 1..n or n..n relations) retrieved by ID.

For me, OJB is the best because I can't ask database with a 6 or 7 joined table query.
But Hibernate will probably be better to retrieve collections.
I don't think OJB was so hard to use : the convertions, lock management and sequence
management can be used without any code, but you can provide your own one.
Now, we have OJBC and Druid, just waiting for the 2.0 with complete JDO implementation
and it will be perfect !

Lot of thanks to the Dev Team !!!!

Regards.

---