Hi Ken,

Hibernate does have many good points too. It has some nice roundtrip
generation tools which really worked. I coded only the mapping file(easy),
then the tools create/modofiy your classes and db automatically, I think
they can go in the other direction too.

I agree, OJB should improve in this area!

The generated schema and classes
worked without modification. It also has a great query language which seems
to really work. It also has a nice hibernate HQl data brower/query tool
giving you the real OO view of your database.

There is a similar tool for OJB, the OjbConsole. We don't ship it as part of the core distribution, but it is available at:
http://ojbc.sourceforge.net/

ojbc is really a cool tool! There is a live demo at http://www.scrashmeow.org/ojb/main/index.do. Give it a try!

cheers,
thomas

It really seemed to be more
complete/polished than other open source OR mapping. OJB seems it will suit
a wider variety of applications though.

-Ken