> The scenario is this: a PalModel should have a collection of
> SupportItemsI and a
> Keyword should have a collection of support items.
> Keyword doesn't relate to pal_model.

Okay. So what was in my last email should work :)

> Something else just came to my mind: a category should also
> have a collection of
> SupportItemsI... hmmmm. now it get's tricky...

<class-descriptor class="category" table="t_category">
  ... Fields ...
  <collection-descriptor name="collectionOfSupportItemIs"
        element-class-ref="SupportItemI"

        <foreignkey-fieldref="category_id"/>
  </collection-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>

And in download if you want to be able to navigate to category using a
'myCategory' field
(if you only want to navigate from category to download, don't worry)

<class-descriptor class="download" table="t_download">
  ... Fields including 'category_id' ...
  ... Other collections for model/keywords ...

  <reference-descriptor
        name="myCategory"
        class-ref="category"

        <foreignkey field-ref="category_id"/>
  </reference-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>

And similarly for document and role if you need it...

Rob :)