hi edson,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

i saw the sample code you posted some days ago. now it's clear how you do it.

The first step ;-)

ojb needs this field (better: the collection referenced by this field) to handle
 the m:n-implementors in case of an m:n-relationship.

That's just the case. If I use the artifact of "virtual", the real field is no needed.
It
will never be read neither writeen to database. Just referenced when querying the
database.

afaik this should only be done if getCascadeStore() is true. imo the method
storeCollections() needs some refactoring to separate handling of
m:n-implementors, but that's another issue.

The setting of the keys in referenced objects are occurring always. That why I need to put the line with "if" command in PersistenceBrokerImpl storeCollections method.

i do not see where this happens ?

jakob
I've not tried this with M:N, but sometime in the future I will check it (as far as the
users get accostumed with this kind of facility, they wants more!).

jakob

Edson Richter