From: Armin Waibel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:32 AM
To: OJB Users List
Subject: Re: Need constant Object[] size from ReportQuery

Hi Blake,

Mills, Blake S CTR 805 CSPTS/SCE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use a ReportQuery because I only need a limited amount
> of the data from a certain table.  Everything works great except the
> Object[] size returned by the ReportQueryRsIterator changes depending
> on if there are any null values.

I test this with latest from SVN (OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch) and can't
reproduce your problem.

Test result for QueryTest#testReportQueryNullFields
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/test/or
g/apache/ojb/broker/QueryTest.java?view=markup

Result_1: {<null>,testReportQueryNullFields_1159443495281,2}
Result_2: {Robert,testReportQueryNullFields_1159443495281,1}
Result_2: {<null>,testReportQueryNullFields_1159443495281,2}

As you can see null-fields are included in the result.

> For example if want two column values from your ReportQuery and one of

> them is null, then the returned Object[] size will only one, NOT two.
> How do you know which of the two columns is represented in the
Object[]?