Hi Hans,
No Mandragora doesn't need to know the ojb_blank structure.

I think you have to add this to your web.xml

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>QuartzInitializer</servlet-name>
        <display-name>Quartz Initializer Servlet</display-name>
        <servlet-class>org.quartz.ee.servlet.QuartzInitializerServlet
</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

    <init-param>
          <param-name>shutdown-on-unload</param-name>
          <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>

    <init-param>
          <param-name>start-scheduler-on-load</param-name>
          <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>

    </servlet>
That's why the ServiceLocator instance always the Quartz Scheduler Service.
I will modify it to not instance it if not explicitly invoked