Still definitely having a problem.

1.0.4 is working.  I got my pom files to pull in the dependencies
automatically.  Originally I had them be different between 1.0.4, but I
tried having them be the same this time.  The only difference is the
repository.dtd, repository-internal.xml, OJB.properties, and
OJB-logging.xml, and the actual ojb jar file.  There are no library
duplications.

When I move my pom.xml up to 1.0.5 I still get:
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast
to java.lang.Long

On the line for:
    count = new Integer(((Long)obj[2]).intValue());

After adding the following lines that are in line for what you suggested:
   String[] crColumns = new String[]{"countryId", "regionId",
"count(countryId)", "count(regionId)"};
   int[] crTypes = new int[]{Types.VARCHAR, Types.VARCHAR, Types.BIGINT,
Types.BIGINT};

The added line works fine in 1.0.4, but does not seem to affect the outcome
in 1.0.5.  I do add different criteria to the query, but I don't see how
they could affect the result set type.

countryId and regionId are both VARCHARs.  Could it be that since they are
VARCHARs that it may put the count as a VARCHAR?   Maybe I can try to hunt
around OJB code, but I think there might have been a change that was put
into OJB after the RC1 that had to do with count().

I had not yet been able to find those libraries yet required to compile OJB
though.

Have to think about this more.  Hopefully have more time for it this
weekend.  In the meantime, we went up into production with 1.0.4 as we
wanted to release quick.

Now we have a document repository and can give people some value added.

-----
JohnE

http://jobbank.com/ jobbank.com