Quoting Ross Singer <rossfsin...@gmail.com>:

> So, for:
> http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL31800A.rdf
>
> You could have something like looks more like:

I'm assuming this is a response to the 2nd draft RDF that I send out,
given the similarities....

> <rdf:RDF
>   xmlns:rdf='http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#'
>   xmlns:rdfs='http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#'
>   xmlns:bibo='http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/'
>   xmlns:rdg2='http://RDVocab.info/elementsG2/'
>   xmlns:dcterms='http://purl.org/dc/terms/'
>   xmlns:foaf='http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/'
>   xmlns:owl='http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#'
>   xmlns:ov='http://open.vocab.org/terms/'
>>
>     <foaf:Person rdf:about="http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL31800A";>
>             <foaf:name>Margaret Mahy</foaf:name>
>             <rdg2:variantNameForThePerson>Mahy,
> Margaret</rdg2:variantNameForThePerson>
>             <rdg2:biographicalInformation>Margaret Mahy ONZ (born in
> Whakatane, New Zealand on 21 March 1936) is a well-known New Zealand
> author of children&#39;s and young adult books. While the plots of
> many of her books have strong supernatural elements, her writing
> concentrates on the themes of human relationships and growing up.
>
> Her books The Haunting and The Changeover: A Supernatural Romance both
> received the Carnegie Medal of the British Library Association. She
> has written a little less than 50 novels, including the recent Alchemy
> in 2002. Among her children&#39;s books, A Lion in the Meadow and The
> Seven Chinese Brothers and The Man Whose Mother was a Pirate are
> considered national classics.</rdg2:biographicalInformation>
>             <rdg2:dateOfBirth>21 March 1936</rdg2:dateOfBirth>
>             <foaf:page
> resource="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Mahy"; />
>             <owl:sameAs
> resource="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Margaret_Mahy"; />

The reason that I used ol:link instead of foaf:page was George's
desire that we include the link text. (ol:link has the structure
link/url, link/text - http://openlibrary.org/type/link). I like this
use of foaf:page -- can we get a label into it in some way so that we
pick up the link text?

>             <dcterms:identifier>/authors/OL31800A</dcterms:identifier>

We modified this one to be "http://openlibrary.org/authors...etc";.
Does that mean that you don't need the provenance statement? (Was it
intended to modify identifier?)

kc

Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net