Quoting Ross Singer <rossfsin...@gmail.com>:

> You could do something like:
>
> <foaf:page>
>   <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Mahy";>
>     <rdfs:label>Your Label Here</rdfs:label>
>   </rdf:Description>
> </foaf:page>
>
> I also *think* you can shorten that even more to:
>
> <foaf:page rdf:resource="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Mahy";
> rdfs:label="Your Label Here" />

In that case, isn't the object of rdf:resource an identifier (URI),
and not a URL? foaf has homepage, which has range document... but
these aren't homepages, just any sites with some unspecified
relationship to the person.

> To be honest, maybe I don't know the 2nd draft RDF example (I *just*
> joined the list, etc., etc.).  I used that particular example from an
> off-list exchange with Ed Summers, who, I think, thought that the
> FOAF-inspired changes were live.

No, I don't have access (yet) to a dev machine, so I can't move in any
changes. I have to send them along to Anand, and they aren't live yet.
I posted a mocked-up API output that looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:RDF
   xmlns:rdf='http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#'
   xmlns:rdfs='http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#'
   xmlns:rdg2='http://RDVocab.info/elementsG2/'
   xmlns:dcterms='http://purl.org/dc/terms/'
   xmlns:foaf='http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/'
   xmlns:ol='http://openlibrary.org/type/author#'

     <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL22022A";>
     <foaf:PersonalProfileDocument
rdf:about="http://openlibrary.org$author.key";>
             <dcterms:modified
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime>2010-06-03
01:02:45.525432</dcterms:modified>
             </foaf:PersonalProfileDocument>
     <foaf:Person>
             <foaf:name>Barbara Cartland</foaf:name>
             <rdg2:variantNameForThePerson>Mary Barbara Hamilton
Cartland</rdg2:variantNameForThePerson>
             <rdg2:biographicalInformation>Dame Mary Barbara Hamilton
Cartland was an English author, known for her numerous romance novels.
She also became one of the United Kingdom&#39;s most popular media
personalities, appearing often at public events and on television,
dressed in her trademark pink and discoursing on love, health and
social issues. Other than her fictional romance books, she also wrote
health and cookery books, and stage plays and recorded an album of
love songs. She was often billed as the Queen of
Romance.</rdg2:biographicalInformation>
             <rdg2:dateOfBirth>9 July 1901</rdg2:dateOfBirth>
             <rdg2:dateOfDeath>21 May 2000</rdg2:dateOfDeath>
             <rdg2:titleOfThePerson>Dame</rdg2:titleOfThePerson>

<rdg2:identifierForThePerson>http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL22022A</rdg2:identifierForThePerson>
     </foaf:Person>

         <ol:link>
             <foaf:primaryTopic
rdf:about="http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL22022A"; />
             <ol:uri>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Cartland</ol:uri>
             <ol:title>Wikipedia</ol:title>
             </ol:link>

         <ol:link>
             <foaf:primaryTopic
rdf:about="http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL22022A"; />

<ol:uri>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_books_by_Barbara_Cartland</ol:uri>
             <ol:title>Wikipedia entry</ol:title>
             </ol:link>

     </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

> I attached the ProvenanceStatement mainly because it seems
> <http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL31800A> is about Margaret Mahy and
> modified/created/revision/etc. is about the metadata about Margaret
> Mahy, not Margaret Mahy herself.

Interesting: I used foaf:PersonalProfileDocument, which I interpreted
to be a reference to the metadata itself (but I could be wrong). Is
this a standard format for referring to a metadata record?:
   http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL31800A#meta
It would be great to have a common way to express that.

> I just changed rdagr2:identifierForThePerson to dcterms:identifier
> there because we know she's a person (at this point, thanks to the
> foaf:Person type) and dcterms is a much more recognized vocabulary
> than RDA Group 2.

DC less specific, but the RDA G2 one is probably overkill anyway. I'll
switch that to dcterms.

Note that I considered using foaf:title but it is unfortunately deprecated.

kc