one item you might want to revisit is the wire going from the starter to the
resistor. points work best at low voltages, the higher voltage makes hotter
spark but will ruin the point fast. thus the insertion of the ballast
resistor to reduce the voltage while running. this wire should connect to
the same terminal as the + coil wire, it supplies higher voltage and hotter
spark while starting and then turns off with the starter to feed power
through the resistor.
a good source for electrical advice is madelectric. anyone wiring a vehicle
should read up on the charge/run/distribution circuit at
http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/chevymain1.shtml
it shows you how and why the amp gauge works and how not to do it too

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links