Nate
You've got it backwards, the starter by-pass of the resistor makes for
better cold weather starting by increasing the voltage for a hotter spark.
the resistor lowers the voltage (once the engine is started) from the
ignition circuit, creating a colder spark. I assume Nick's truck is
converted to 12V, I don't believe the 6V systems used a resistor. I may be
wrong there.
I have used the Petronics (sp) pointless ingnition on a couple of SBC
motors, they eliminate the resistor. Nick you might want to consider this
too.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links