You might look thru the Links option at the top left of web site
page. Many suppliers have a web site which might give prices for a
rebuilt engine. Or they offer catalogs, some for $5, which list what
they have to offer. There are pitfalls to be avoided with the older
engines, and getting a short block is a way around these. For
example, Jim Carter Classic Truck Parts has a short block for $1385.
--- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Thaler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Greetings~
>
> I might need a good rebuildable 235 block for my 1959 3200 if
anyone has a nice juicy one,

> My engine is in pieces now at a really reputable racing engine
shop
> in my area.  The machine shop says they MIGHT not be able to find
> oversize pistons because the cylinders will have to be bored out
to a
> larger size than is commonly available (I want to say .70 but I
can't
> remember for sure...)  And sleeving the six cylinders back to
factory
> size is supposed to be expensive.  By now you can see that I am
new
> at this...
>
> I have been offered a rebuildable 261 block but am a bit nervous
> about the interchangability.  I don't want to bite off any bigger
> jobs than I already have.  (Not that I don't enjoy this stuff, but
> have a busy job and travel a lot and spare time is elusive!)  But
the
> extra power of the 261 sounds very tempting.  The owner of the
engine
> says everything is the same except a steam hole that has to be
> drilled in the block to match the head or vice versa.
>
> Sigh.  I love my truck and it's my third one (64 Chevy 1/2 ton
hippie
> truck I had in college onto which I built a really impressive
redwood
> camper, and another college conveyance, a massive 3/4 ton 50 GMC
in
> which the brakes needed pumping up all the time and one day the
pedal
> got stuck in the floor boards and the truck jumped the curb on
campus
> at lunch hour and knocked over a mailbox,  finally easing to a
stop.
> Nobody was hurt, there wasn't a scratch on the truck, and I got
out
> of there in a hurry because I did not have any money and, well it
was
> a long time ago and I am still ashamed of it!
>
> Anyone with a good block for me in the Southern California area
or
> willing to ship one for the right price, please contact me.  I
want
> to be ready for the bad news Monday when I call the machine shop.
> Thanks
>
> jt

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links