  From: vwnate1
  To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:08 AM
  Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re: Towing

  I have a frame/bumper mounted tow hitch and I use it for towing other
  old cars .

  I do have radial tires as the curves and quick stops are where you'll
  get into troubles ~ the rear end will slide out .

  You should watch yout top speed and try to plan your stops , this means
  watch the stoplights and side traffic like a hawk as your stopping
  distance will be pretty long but this -is- do-able and safely if you
  keep the speed 45 or less .

  Don't for get to rig up some tow lights for the back of the towed
  vehicle .

  Take some pix too ! .

  -Nate
  Roy wrote:

  > Anybody have any thoughts about using my '51 3/4 ton truck with a 216
  and a 4:11 rear to tow my '51 1/2 ton? Anybody put a hitch on one of
  these trucks? Any issues, tips, tricks? Will my bumper interfere?

  > Thanks,
  > Roy

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links