I towed a '48 Chevy 2 ton truck from Fairbury NE to Chillicothe, MO with a half
ton w/235 engine.  Had to take it slow all the way, 35 for a top speed.  Any
faster and I couldn't have maintained control.  I frequently had to go into
third or even second ( I had a 4 speed)  Cornering is a bear and in heavy
traffic could get you hurt or someone else.  I recently towed a '52 2 ton home
from about 25 miles.......same deal.  My advice..........have a real good tow
bar and don't forget about having a way so you have lights on the towed
vehicle.  I had a receiver hitch, class III from ebay which I modified to fit
my truck.  Oh, and if it's been changed to open driveshaft, I'd disconnect the
rear u joint and that way you won't have your trans spinning all that way.
rmarks10 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          Anybody have any thoughts about
using my '51 3/4 ton truck with a 216 and a 4:11 rear to tow my '51 1/2 ton?
Anybody put a hitch on one of these trucks? Any issues, tips, tricks? Will my
bumper interfere?

Thanks,
Roy

[EMAIL PROTECTED]