Go to your FLAPS and ask for a harmonic balancer puller.  I usually use an
impact wrench but I have also done the patient trurning of the wrench and tap
with the whammer routine.  Same tool for crank gear.

Bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          I seem to remember that it is on a
keyed shaft. Apply the pulley
pressure, then tap the end of the shaft inwardly (is that a word?)
Don't mushroom the end of the shaft. Take your time. You may have to
leave it several days and keep tapping. You could also wrap the sides
of the dampker. Some put a spare bolt and large washer on there to keep
the thing from flying off when is finally releases. ...bill
--- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, "rmarks10" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a trick to pulling this thing off? I know they are pressed
on faily tight but is there a key or somthing? The shop manual simply
says "attach J tool and remove". I have a 6" gear puller that I cranked
down until the veins in my neck were visible and nothing happened.

> Roy

    When the police don't obey the law, then there is no law; only a struggle
for survival.
  ---- Billy Jack

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links