Enter Southwind heater into eBay. .bill in corvallis

  _____

From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-tr...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of wbn...@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:01 PM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re: 1942 dash

Yes, they are for real.
While in the Army stationed at Fairbanks, Alaska, my Jeeps and trucks had
gasoline burning heaters. My Jeep heater was between the seats like a
console, but my truck was outside by the front fender/cowl side. They would
keep you toasty in there.
As a side note, we used small rectangular metal box heaters called Yukon
stoves in our tents that burned gasoline too. We had a 5 gal. can of gas
outside the tent with a hose run into tent. This was fine until you let the
gas get low in the can and an air pocket would put out the flame then the
gas would come back on the hot burner and explode. Someone had to be awake
at all times to watch it and fill the can again.

Just my Thoughts,
Walt

--- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:old-chevy-truck%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dave" <docrock...@...> wrote:

> All of my interior is now painted the factory tan and Im starting to
assemble the dash and dont know the what items go in each hole as I did not
disassemble this truck. there are 4 holes on the left below the headlight
switch and then there are three holes to the right of the ignition switch
hole.
> the glove box button hole is awaiting backordered parts but I know where
it goes.
> I had an interesting conversation with an elderly gent who asked if I had
a southwind heater in it, I said no. He began to tell me that it was a
heater with an igniter and actually burned fuel to create heat. I said wtf.
driving down the road with a fire going inside the truck on purpose??? is
this real???