One of my winter projects is fixing the loose steering on my 54 Chevy 1/2 ton
now that I am on the road and running legal. I tightened the steering box screw
and greased the front end, packing all the fittings completely. Put the front
end up and looked for any obvious loose fitting parts. I went from about a 1/3
turn play to about 1/6 play turn but still not what I call really safe. My next
step seems to be rebuilding the steering box. Is it worth replacing the tie rod
ends, drag link and king pins. The tie rods are original type and aren't they a
bit*h to get out? Any advise from someone that's been down this road? Should I
take it to have it aligned and have them tell me what wrong?

 James Zorn

zorn...@sbcglobal.net