From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com [old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com] on
behalf of luke zsiga [50ch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 12:15 PM
To: old-chevy-truck
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Desert cooler radiator or recore?

Hi guys my radiator is leaking and it is the original 63 year old radiator.
I also have trouble when driving on the highway it will get up to 200
degrees before I slow down and let it cool off.

I am considering either buying a new radiator or recoreing the original. My
problem with recoreing the original is that I'm concerned there will be
spots in the metal where it has corroded the metal thin and is about to
spring another leak right after it gets recored.

What are your guys thoughts on a recore vs new (non aluminum) radiator?
Also will the desert cooler radiator from classic parts fit a 235 in a 50
chevy with a short shaft water pump?

Thanks,
Luke

--