Back in the late 70's my mom worked for Westinghouse in Oak Ridge, TN,
on the Clinch River Breeder Reactor Project.  Too bad, because as I
remember it was a prototype, and would have been a fundamental
achievement that should have led to more reactors of its type around
the nation.

Apparently Congress, in its infinite wisdom, voted to close the
project before it was finished.

Duane
72 Cutlass Convertible

On 11/9/06, Infinite Space Systems, Inc. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bruce,

> 6 Nov 06  "Infinite Space Systems, Inc." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Their electrical power generation from the output
>> of their nuclear reactors is
>> much more efficient than the power we get.

Overall, about a 50% improvement, including fuel production in the more
"progressive" countries' fast-breeder reactors. It's an entire system
improvement, which we don't have.

Milton Schick
1964 442 Cutlass
[EMAIL PROTECTED]