Hello All:

I appreciate everyone's thoughtful discussion on the topic.

This may be anecdotal evidence, but I note that OPNFV, and FD.io, who both
still have TSCs populated by Platinum Designates chose to have the TSC
Chair be the TAC representative (our option #1), while ODL, who has a fully
community-elected TSC chose to allow any Committer to self-nominate and run
(our option #3).  I have noticed that the ODL TSC, since being fully
elected, often leans toward the broadest, most inclusive election process
for most decisions.  I believe they assume that in the end the community
will make the right choice if given the opportunity to choose.. including
electing the TSC Chair for the TAC position if he/she runs for it... after
all, the person got elected to the highest position within the project by
the same method.

For ONAP, it may make sense to have Mazin fill the TAC representative role
as TSC Chair (since he has indicated he is willing and able) until after
the Beijing release.  Once we elect a new TSC post Beijing, let's give them
the opportunity to discuss and agree upon the best way to populate the TAC
Rep. for ONAP going forward from there.

If that idea resonates with the TSC, then I suggest we put a vote up for
that during the TSC meeting this week.  ONAP is the last to decide their
method, and I would like to get the first TAC meeting scheduled ASAP.

Best,

Phil.

--
Phil Robb
VP Operations - Networking & Orchestration, The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb