On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to propose breaking out a couple more mailing lists
> web develop - either all languages or just en, which appears to be very
> busy.

What are examples of some threads that would belong in "web develop"?
Have we had any threads like this?

> web content - This would be where the conversations about administering the
> wiki daily operations would go, and documentation of versions of OOo

I certainly see the need here.  But I wonder if we can make it a
general "sysops" or "operations" list and have it be the place for
admins/moderators of the wiki, the phpBB forums, Bugzilla, etc., to
coordinate. I think we want to encourage these groups to stay in close
contact with each other.  Why?  Because we can easily see the
advantages of linking these systems together in advanced ways.  For
example:

1) Easy way to promote a support forum question into a bugzilla issue

2) Easy way to initiate a search of the documentation before entering
a support forum post

3) Content analytics performed on support forum to identify new
candidates for FAQ items

And so on.  Doc, Support and Defect tracking are closely related.