Am 08.08.11 14:27, schrieb Ross Gardler:
On 8 August 2011 12:45, Rob Weir<apa...@robweir.com>  wrote:
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Wolf Halton<wolf.hal...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I would like to propose breaking out a couple more mailing lists
Be careful about splitting lists too early. I realise that traffic is
very high right now but it will die down. Splitting lists splits the
community, at this stage we are trying to build community.
Don't forget, OOo is not the typical smart small Apache project with five or maybe then Developers. Sametimes I think, the Apache People has not yet realized the real size of the project. What you see here is only the international part of the project. All the Native Language Communites are not here at the moment. And the traffic on the List is realy low for OOo. Remember we don't have realy started right now. We just talk about same organisation Question. Can you imagine whats happend here when we realy take off here. This ML will kill your Mailserver ;-)

The communication will not be better if you have only one list. You will have quickly a list with 200 Mails per day and more. No one will read this, and the danger to miss samething important grows with every mail/day more. The big difference between small project and big project is that no one will do all things here. You will work maybe in two or tree different area, but you will not have the chance to follow all areas. Otherwise that will be a realy bad sing for the project.

So why I have to get all the informations, if I don't use it? On a so big project you have to work in workgroups. It' does not mean that you split the community with it. We have not to make the 1000 Lists like in OOo, but we realy have to add specific lists, like development, Documentation/Webcontent, Marketing and the NLC Lists of the moast important Language for Native language talks.

Greetings Raphael