Am 08.08.2011 02:01, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Andy Brown<a...@the-martin-byrd.net>  wrote:
Rob Weir wrote:

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Simon Phipps<si...@webmink.com>    wrote:

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Rob Weir<apa...@robweir.com>    wrote:

However, I would request that we be careful about the branding on the
forums, since they are part of the Apache project.  For example, the
titles of the forums today are "OpenOffice.org Community Forum".
Maybe call them instead "Apache OpenOffice.org Support Forum" ?

Also, the internal subtitle is "User community support forum for
OpenOffice.org, LibreOffice, StarOffice, and NeoOffice". (Note also
that this subtitle is not consistent across the languages.)   I think
that is unnecessarily restrictive.  It could safely be omitted.

Surely the net effect of these two changes taken together would be more,
rather than less restrictive?

By naming some products, but not others, we're being arbitrarily
restrictive.  But listing the actual product under whose aegis this
forum is hosted is merely being accurate.  Whether the forums are
restrictive or not will depend on the behavior of forum participants
to questions from users of products other than Apache OpenOffice.  As
stated before, I hoping we'll be helpful where we can, and refer users
to the respective projects otherwise.

I'd be equally happy with a neutral: "User community support forum for
Apache OpenOffice.org and related products".

Would it not be more accurate to say "OpenOffice.org and related products"?
  At this time there is no Apache OpenOffice.org to be related to.  Even
Apache OpenOffice.org will be one of those "related products".

My understanding of Apache Branding Requirements is that we only need
to use the full name the first time it is used on the page. So title =

"Apache OpenOffice.org Support Forum" and subtitle = "User community
support forum for OpenOffice.org and related products" would be fine.

+1 to this suggestion for the forum header.
It is inviting and gives equal rights to all flavors of OpenOffice.org.

Ingrid