On 8 August 2011 17:35, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote:
> I propose we establish a convention to insert proposed mailing list names
> into the subject of any message to this list that relates to a subject that
> could potentially require its own list long-term. From scanning the list I
> suggest the following initial tags:
>
> [Wiki]  - the migration of the OOo wiki to Apache, including page design
> [Repo] - the migration of the OOo source to a suitable combination of VCSs
>
> If we find that these tags have sustained use over a reasonable period (say
> 45 days) that would result in a viable mailing list, I further propose
> creation of a new list where they could both be hosted (such as admin@ )

+1

Although I'd suggest the best way to make this happen is to just start
doing it and let people follow suit if they find it useful. Consistent
tags will emerge, no need to define them in advance (although it is
certainly helpful to have examples of use like this - thanks Simon).

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)