From: Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Subject: [users] Re: Languages
To: us...@openoffice.org

On 8/29/2011 1:53 PM, Sigrid Carrera wrote:

> Hello Erwin,
>
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:14:10 -0500
> Dale Erwin<d...@casaerwin.org>  wrote:
>
>> If this is not the proper forum, perhaps someone could point me to the
>> proper one, but I am trying to find out what is necessary to be done to
>> have a new language available for OOo.
>
> You might have to download a so called "languagepack" for the
> language you want and have to install it alongside your OOo version.
>
> Once you have installed it, go to Tools ->  Options ->  Language
> settings ->  Language and choose there the default language you want.
> You will have to close OOo completely (even the Quickstarter if you
> use it) and restart OOo for the change to take effect.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Sigrid

After sending my email, I was afraid it would be construed that way.
I don't mean adding a language to my installation that OOo already
supports.  I mean adding a language to those that OOo supports.  I'm
specifically thinking of the Neapolitan language (I dislike using the
term dialect, but it is commonly referred to as an Italian dialect).

--
Dale Erwin
Lurigancho, Lima 15 PERU

http://leather.casaerwin.org