On 04/09/2011 Eike Rathke wrote:
I don't know though what I should do at the moment
with new languages/locales being requested, they'd just pile up.

May I ask whether the situation has changed now that commits to the code happen more regularly?

I can understand that in the current situation it wouldn't be possible to create a new localization project for volunteers to translate interface and help in their language, but I don't understand what prevents from just making a new locale known to OOo so that a new language, for example, appears under Format - Character - Language.

This would at least allow users to use within OpenOffice.org an externally developed dictionary for their language.

Regards,
  Andrea.