I've been going through the archives of the existing
us...@openoffice.org and disc...@openoffice.org.  I cannot tell them
apart.  They cover the kinds of questions and topics.  Maybe at some
point in the past the project had distinct visions for each list.  But
this differences are blurred beyond detection now, at least to me.

Both lists are receiving support questions.  Both lists are seeing
debates about LO versus AOOo.  Both lists are getting questions from
people asking where to find more information about the project.  Both
lists are getting loads of newbie posts asking how to unsubscribe for
the lists.  And both lists appear to have the same core participants.

Since we've recently set up the ooo-users@i.a.o, I think it makes
sense to ask users from both users@ooo and discuss@ooo to move to
ooo-users.  In doing so we avoid unnecessarily fragmenting community
discussions.