Hi Rob;

--- On Mon, 9/12/11, Rob Weir wrote:
..

> I'd summarize it as saying that merging code Apache code
> into LibreOffice will be really difficult, especially
> since LibreOffice has made widespread source changes.
>
> Is there anything we can do to help LibreOffice out here?

Develop faster ... do everything they do ... just kidding! ;).

They have done some things that we want to do too but
all in all we are mostly standing still (for good reasons,
we want to be stable in our first release) and it's them
diverging: ultimately if they want to be different they
will be.

> Anything else we should be doing? (Or not doing?)

At this point we have to try to rescue all we can from
Oracle: this means getting most all the useful stuff
from the CWSs, which is of benefit to all the community.

We also have to replace some copyleft code, and what we
have to do here is not simply remove it but instead
replace it with stuff so good that LO will want to go
through the effort of bringing our changes.

Hmm.. there are also 24 issues they identified in our
code and fixed in their's.

We may end up catching up in many things but at the end
I do think there will be a situation where LO and OO
differentiate significantly: I don't think that's
necessarily bad though.

cheers,

Pedro.