From: Pedro F. Giffuni [mailto:giffu...@tutopia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:23
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamil...@acm.org
Cc: 'Michael Stahl'
Subject: RE: How to do with glibc-2.1.3 in AOOo?

Ahem ...

Guys;

--- On Wed, 9/14/11, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> If you list the functions you have in
> mind, and the names of the headers normally used to
> introduce their signatures, I will double-check the VC++
> 2008 and VC++ 2010 libraries to see what the status
> is.

We are far from being the only unixy port to Windows:
A quick google for "getopt_long Windows" returns:

http://opensource.apple.com/source/Kerberos/Kerberos-47/KerberosFramework/Kerberos5/Sources/util/windows/getopt_long.c

I think it's a matter of someone with a Windows compiler
to just go over the code and build a small compatibility
library.

Can we first merge mingwport35 CWS, though? I suspect that
would touch some of those files and I don't want
to introduce conflicts to the Oracle updates just yet.

Pedro.