From: Pedro Giffuni [mailto:giffu...@tutopia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 14:09
To: dennis.hamil...@acm.org
Cc: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to do with glibc-2.1.3 in AOOo?

 On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:43:09 -0700, "Dennis E. Hamilton"
 <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> Most stock implementations on Windows seem to have the original BSD
> license.

 Including "MSVC" in the search produces more specific results.
 Mesa uses OpenBSD's version which is a 2 clause BSD license.
 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/getopt

 Readdir_r is here:
 http://code.google.com/p/dirent/

> The getopt.h license has the original BSD license, so don't use that.
> Use one that either has no license or is derived some other way.

 FWIW;
 The BSDs have removed the "advertisement clause" but I have to say
 I never found it problematic, just another political stand from the
 FSF. It shouldn't be an issue for Apache and it"s LGPL/MPL compatible
 so it shouldn't be an issue for LO either.

 Cheers,

 Pedro.