On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:06:40 +0300, Tor Lillqvist <t...@iki.fi> wrote:
For command line options I think the normal char is enough

I don't know what the OOo code actually uses getopt() for (I am pretty
sure it is just some build-time tools that actually use it...), but
you can be assured that the actual OOo executable(s), for Windows
(which presumably *is* the OS you expect most of your users to have?),
definitely do need the full original Unicode command line.

(Remember that Windows is Unicode-based, all file names and other
system interfaces are in UTF-16.)

And of course the OOo code itself uses UTF-16 strings almost exclusively.

Indeed, I had forgotten:

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/01/klingon_keyboar.php :)

Cheers,

Pedro.