From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 09:58
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamil...@acm.org
Subject: Re: AOOo can't save passwort protected file

[ ... ]

I'm not arguing that we
don't support Blowfish at all.  I'm saying that we should also allow
saving with AES, as allowed by ODF, and as required by regulation for
many users.

Your use of the word "unilaterally" is rhetorical nonsense. As I said
before, I favor having option for the user to select the encryption
method to use.  We should try not to 2nd guess our users' preferences
and offer only lowest-common-denominator, one-size-fits-all solutions.
   We should try to provide configuration options for reasonable
alternatives, especially where we know different user populations will
have different preferences.

[ ... ]