On Sep 28, 2011 3:06 AM, "Rob Weir" <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> So total silence.  Is that the best we can come up with?

One problem is that what is being asked for here is a voluntary time
commitment. Typically volunteers don't want to be tired to a schedule.

I'd suggest that a better approach is to just encourage people to write
stuff as and when they can. Raise visibility of their contributions here on
the list. Thank them profusely. currently there is no visibility of what is
going on on the blog, I suggest cross-posting here.

Providing ideas for content here (as you do below) can help.

You can drop into email threads occasionally an say "can someone blog that
please, just post your content here if you don't want to post it straight to
the blog" (eg the accessibility thread looks like a recent support, lets get
some clarity in there then move it to the blog as a statement of intent or a
call for assistance as appropriate.

Other candidate threads would be the 4.0 discussion (invite people to come
and have their say), the migration of some incompatible code to
Apache-extras, the fact that people are building the code from Apache SVN
and many more.

Ross