On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2011, at 4:34 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> hopefully not

>>> i don't understand where i have to do that. Can you explain it.
>>>

>> Wow. Sorry.  That was the wrong clipboard buffer.  It could have been worse
>> ;-)
>>
>> The editorial calendar is here:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Project+Blog
>>

>>> And how can a committer request author access to the blog. I can't find the
>>> emails about the initial discussion and blog setup ...
>>>

>> You would need to open a JIRA ticket with Infra, to request names.
>> Maybe start with a call on this list for additional blog authors and
>> then send them in a batch.
>
> No need for Infrastructure here.
>
> Andy Brown and I volunteered to be Admins for the blog. Here are the steps to
> become an author.
>
> (1) Sign up for an account using your apache id on blogs.apache.org.
>
> (2) Send me an email and I will grant author rights.

This is good to know.   I think it would be good to record this kind
of info in one place, so I've added an FAQ to the PPMC FAQ's called
"Who Admins/Moderates/Owns X?".  It covers mailing lists, wikis, issue
tracking, as well as the blog.

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ppmc-faqs.html

-Rob

> Since Andy has moved on to other activity if there is someone else familiar
> with Roller who would care to join me in Admin duties here that would be
> great.

I'm not familiar with Roller, but am willing to learn.  I'm very
familiar with Wordpress.