On Sep 30, 2011 4:35 PM, "Dave Fisher" <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I see no reason to stop offering PPMC membership with Committer status. If
the person chooses not to be on the PPMC that is fine.

> It is not that I don't think this topic is important, but I think a more
important discussion is what parts of the project might require direct PPMC
member involvement as opposed to merely questioning and having appropriate
transparency into all parts to provide oversight. Do we need a PPMC member
directly administrating forums and wikis? Do we need the PPMC to provide a
generally "Lazy Consensus" approval of committers and other contributors
filling roles within the Forum or Wiki administration? Should the PPMC
require certain parts of the community to report status periodically?

>From a purely ASF point of view there are very few things that require PMC
oversight. the following are the only ones that jump to mind:

- release votes (which equates to IP  due diligence)
- new committers/PMC members

The project may define a few other areas, but that's up to the project.

Ross