On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

Don't lecture me on voting, Gavin.  Read the the "Apache Voting
Process" [1], the section on "Implications of Voting", with my
emphasis:

"The tacit implications of voting should be spelt out in the
community's guidelines. However, in no case may someone's vote be
considered invalid if the implied commitment doesn't appear to be met;
***a vote is a formal expression of opinion, not of commitment***"

I am expressing my opinion in this vote, and my opinion is not going
to be limited to the three opinions that Dennis (or you) deigns to
offer me.

If it is arrogant to have an opinion beyond what you might have, then
thank God for arrogance!

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

-Rob