On 10/27/11 6:13 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

--- On Thu, 10/27/11, Jürgen Schmidt<jogischm...@googlemail.com>  wrote:

i think we still haven't finished on this topic but it is
somewhat
important to move forward with our IP clearance and the
whole
development work.

So if nobody has real objections i would like to move
forward with this
proposal but would also like to change the proposed
directory name from
"ext_sources" to "3rdparty".

Keep in mind that we use this directory to keep the current
state
working and with our ongoing work we will remove more and
more stuff
from there.

I was about to bring in support for FreeBSD's fetch command
(somewhat like curl) in fetch-tarballs.sh and it looks like
now you are obsoleting it :-P .

In any case, yes.. I think this is the way to go. I am just
hoping there will be a way to opt out those components in
favor of the system libraries when those available.

me too but we should move forward and we can change it at any time when we have a better solution.

Juergen

Pedro.